After the arrival of the audiovisual, movies became one of the favorite forms of entertainment around the world. And if we talk about it, we can’t help but suggest the phrases of Charles Chaplin , a silent film actor who marked history.
And it is that you can also use images with phrases of Charles Chaplin in your day to day, to give a more original and eccentric touch to the message.
Who was Charlie Chaplin?
Charles Chaplin was a humorist, actor, producer, composer, director, screenwriter, editor and writer born in the United Kingdom in 1889. With his charisma and great talent he became famous in silent movies, making a large number of films with his character: Charlot.
Why make use of the phrases of Charles Chaplin?
- They brighten anyone’s day.
- They are ideal to offer a beautiful tribute to this genius of the screens,
- They can be easily added to images of your choice, and even videos.
- They are very easy to share on social networks, such as: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, among others.
Charles Chaplin phrases of love
Love encompasses every area of our being, because since we are born we are covered by the love of our parents; and as we grow older, other people, animals, and things inspire that same feeling, in one way or another.
And that is why we want to show you some quotes from Charles Chaplin about love, so that you can analyze the way in which this genius interpreted said feeling:
- Perfect love is the most beautiful of all frustrations, because it is more than can be
- Your naked body should only belong to those who fall in love with your naked soul.
- You need power only when you want to do something harmful, otherwise love is enough to get everything done.
- When I truly loved myself, I freed myself from everything that didn’t do me good…
- As I learned to have self-love, I understood that always, regardless of the circumstance, I am in the right place and at the right time.
Charles Chaplin quotes about life
Life can be defined as a gift that is offered to all human beings and to living beings in general; with a specific purpose, although most of the time we don’t really know what it is.
But what is certain is that it is beautiful and you have to know how to value it, for that reason we offer you the following quotes by Charles Chaplin about life:
- Life is a game that does not allow the test, therefore, sing, cry, dance, laugh and live intensely; before the curtain closes and the performance ends without
- Life is a beautiful and magnificent thing, even for a jellyfish.
- Life could be wonderful if people left you alone.
- You will find that life is still worth living, if you just smile.
- I guess that’s one of the ironies of life: doing the wrong thing at the right time.
Short Charles Chaplin phrases
Despite the fact that Chaplin demonstrated his artistic gifts in silent films, he used accurate messages that became part of his legacy.
And for this we have compiled these short phrases of Charles Chaplin, hoping that they will be to your liking and that you will put them to good use:
- Why does poetry have to make sense?
- Laughter is the tonic, the relief, the plea for pain.
- From those trivialities, I think my soul was born.
- After all, it’s all a joke.
- There is something as inevitable as death
1. Looked at up close, life is a tragedy, but seen from afar, it looks like a comedy.
2. Life is no longer a joke for me; I do not see grace
3. The worst thing about you is that you refuse to fight, you give up, you only think about sickness and death. But there is something as inevitable as death and it is life!
4. I believe that faith is a precursor to all our ideas. Without faith, hypothesis, theory, science, or mathematics could never have evolved.
5. Life is a play that does not allow rehearsals; That’s why sing, laugh, dance, cry and live every moment of your life intensely…before the curtain falls and the play ends without applause.
6. I believe that faith is an extension of the mind. It is the key that denies the impossible. To deny faith is to refute oneself and the spirit that generates all our creative forces. My faith is in the unknown, in everything that does not understand the reason
7. We are all amateurs. Life is so short that it doesn’t give for more
8. After all, everything is a joke
9. As a man gets older, he wants to live deeply. A feeling of sad dignity invades his soul, and this is fatal for a comedian.
10. By simple common sense I do not believe in God, in any
11. Happiness… does it exist? where? When I was a child I complained to my father because he had no toys and he responded by pointing his index finger to his forehead: This is the best toy ever created.
12. I am for the people. I can’t help it
13. Dictators free themselves but they enslave the people
14. My sin was and still is, being a non-conformist
15. The bad thing about being old is that you have no way to defend yourself
16. I’m just, I’m just still one thing: a clown. That puts me on a higher plane than any politician
17. I am not a politician nor do I have political convictions. I am an individual and a believer in freedom. That’s all the politics I got
18. Wars, conflicts, everything is business. Numbers sanctify, if you kill a few you are a criminal, if you kill thousands you are a hero
19. I am at peace with God, my conflict is with man
20. Look Hannah, look up at the sky! The soul of man has been given wings, and he is flying towards the rainbow and the light of hope
21. In light of our egos, we are all dethroned monarchs
22. We all want to help each other. Human beings are like that. We want to live with the happiness of the other, not for the misery of others
23. Life is not meaning; life is desire
24. I have already forgiven almost unforgivable mistakes, I tried to replace irreplaceable people and forget unforgettable people
25. Smile even if your heart aches. Smile even if you have it broken. Although there are clouds in the sky you will achieve it, if you smile despite the fear and pain. Smile and maybe tomorrow you will see the sun shining for you
26. To really laugh, you must be able to take your pain, and play with it!
27. Laugh and the world will laugh with you; cry and the world, turning its back on you, will let you cry
28. My pain can be the reason for someone’s laughter, but laughter should not be the reason for someone’s pain
29. Laughter is a tonic, a relief, a respite that allows to appease the pain
30. Never forget to smile, because the day you don’t smile will be a lost day
31. When I began to love myself it seemed to me that emotional distress and suffering are only warning signs that I was living against my own truth. Nowadays, I know, it’s all about “authenticity”
32. You have to believe in yourself, that’s the secret. Even when I was in the orphanage and I was roaming the streets looking for what to eat for a living, even then, he considered me the greatest actor in the world. Without absolute self-confidence, one is destined to fail.
33. Be you, and try to be happy, but above all, be you
34. Look up to the sky, you will never find the rainbow if you are always looking down
35. I am what I am: an individual, unique and different
36. There is nothing permanent in this wicked world. not even our problems
37. Words are cheap. The biggest thing you can say is elephant
38. Time is the best author: it always finds a perfect ending
39. The saddest thing I can imagine is getting used to luxury
40. Do not wait for your turn to speak; really listen and you will be different
41. Learn as if you were going to live all your life, and live as if you were going to die tomorrow
42. Working is living and I love living
43. Despair is a narcotic: it induces the mind in indifference
44. Remember, as long as you can bend over and not pick up anything
45. The authentic creator disdains the technique understood as an end and not as a means
46. The true meaning of things is found when trying to say the same things with other words
47. Imagination means nothing without doing
48. Why does poetry have to make sense?
49. I always like to walk in the rain, so no one can see me cry
50. We think too much, we feel too little
51. Life is wonderful if you are not afraid of it
52. You have to have faith in yourself. Therein lies the secret. Even when I was in the orphanage and wandering the streets looking for what to eat for a living, even then, he considered me the greatest actor in the world.
53. Without absolute self-confidence, one is destined to fail.
54. Without having known misery it is impossible to know luxury
55. The day that man realizes his mistakes, the progress of science will be over
56. Maybe it was you, but it wasn’t the time
57. When I began to love myself, I freed myself from everything that was not good for my health: people, things, situations and everything that pushed me down
58. Einstein told Chaplin: -What I have always admired about you is that your art is universal; everyone understands and admires him. To which Chaplin replied: -His is much more worthy of respect: everyone admires him and practically no one understands him
59. Fight to live life, to suffer it and to enjoy it…
60. If you do not dream, you will never find what lies beyond your dreams
61. This is a ruthless world and you have to be ruthless to survive in it
62. I hate governments, rules and shackles
63. In the end, everything is a gag
64. More than cunning, we need kindness
65. You will discover that life is worthwhile if you smile
66. To really laugh, you must be able to get rid of the pain and play with it
67. Simplicity is something elusive
68. Life greets you when you make others happy
69. If I don’t write every day, I feel like I don’t deserve my food
70. The true character of a man appears when he is drunk
71. Life is a magnificent thing, even for a jellyfish
72. The essence of a great actor is that he loves himself when acting
73. I don’t think the public knows what they want
74. The mirror is my best friend because it never laughs when I cry
75. All I need to make humor is a park, a policeman and a beautiful woman
76. I believe in the power of laughter and tears as an antidote to hate and terror
77. The cinema is a fashion, the public prefers to see actors on a stage
78. I have many problems, but my lips do not know it because I always smile
79. That’s what we are: amateurs. We don’t live long enough to be anything else
80. Worry more about your conscience than your reputation; because the first is what you are, and the second is what others think you are
81. My only enemy is time
82. You can always hunch over so you don’t get to pick anything up
83. I am an individual and I believe in freedom; that’s all the politics in me
84. Life is a desire, not a meaning
85. If people know how it’s done, magic appears