Poets are capable of taking us to another world, with their verses, poems and prayers, since they penetrate the soul. And if you like this type of writing, you can not miss the phrases of poets .
In addition, the phrases of poets are easily added to your favorite images, in order to give them a more original touch and send them to the people you want.
What is a poet?
A poet is a person who has a great understanding of the use of words, with which he forms verses and poems that can awaken various feelings and emotions; such as: melancholy, passion, love, sadness, hate, resentment, among many others.
Why make use of the phrases of poets?
- Because they adapt to any type of scenario, since there are millions of
- They serve to help us express our emotions to others.
- They are the perfect gift for friends, family, neighbors, co-workers, etc.
Phrases of love poets
Love is the most popular theme in poetry. And it is that this feeling is what gives life to people and makes them feel as if they were floating in the air, due to the deep idyll in which they fall.
And precisely for this reason we want to share with you the following phrases of love poets, ideal for you to give to someone who has stolen your heart:
- Love only rests when it dies, a living love is a love in – Paulo Coelho.
- You have to know that there is no country on Earth where love has not turned lovers into poets. – Voltaire.
- You are teaching me to love. I did not know. To love is not to ask, it is to give night after day. – Gerard Diego.
- That is why I judge and discern, as a certain and notorious thing, that love has its glory at the gates of hell. – Miguel de Cervantes.
- Not being loved is a simple misfortune, the true misfortune is not to love. –Albert Camus.
Phrases of poets to women
Women have become a muse, especially when we talk about poets. And it is that the vast majority of gentlemen who are dedicated to creating poetry inevitably touch on the subject of females.
So we will show you the following phrases of poets to women, in order for you to enjoy them:
- At all times in my life, I want the woman who takes me by the hand in the .. – Gabriel García Márquez.
- The most powerful hydraulic force in the universe is a woman’s tear. – Carlos Fisas.
- The woman is the repose of the warrior. – Friedrich Nietzsche.
- They say that a man is not a man until he hears his name from the lips of a woman. – Antonio Machado.
- The first to compare women to a flower was a poet, the second an imbecile. – Voltaire.
Short phrases of poets
Surely you already know that to express a message effectively you do not have to follow a specific guideline; because it is simply required to use the right words at the right time.
In favor of this we will offer you a few short phrases of poets, with which you can say what you feel through a simple but blunt sentence:
- Poetry does not want followers, it wants – Federico García Lorca.
- Perfection is a polished collection of mistakes. – Mario Benedetti.
- The woman who reads stores her beauty for old age. – Frida Kahlo.
- Words open doors over the sea. – Raphael Alberti.
- Doubt is one of the names of intelligence. – Jorge Luis Borges.
1. “Poetry is true in its Sunday clothes.”
2. “Poetry doesn’t want followers, it wants lovers.”
Federico Garcia Lorca
3. “Poetry is only the evidence of life. If your life burns well, poetry will only be ashes.”
4. “It is characteristic of those with narrow minds to attack everything that does not fit in their heads.”
5. “The optimistic hope of finding the passable bridge between limits and infinity still blows in me.”
6. “I am the master of my destiny, I am the captain of my soul.”
William Ernest Henley
7. “Poetry is touching the heartstrings and making music with them.”
8. “The soul that can speak with its eyes can also kiss with its gaze.”
Gustavo Adolfo Becquer
9. “Do not forget that what we call reality today was imagination yesterday.”
10. “Poetry is always an act of peace.”
11. “The book is strength, it is courage, it is power, it is food, a torch of thought and a spring of love.”
12. “Poets are soldiers who free words from the possession of a constant definition.”
13. “Do not stop believing that words and poetry can change the world.”
14. “There is something in poetry that goes beyond the logic of prose, there is a mystery in it that should not be explained but admired.”
15. “Nothing is real until it is experienced; even a proverb is not a proverb until life has illustrated it.”
16. “It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.”
17. “The poet is the priest of the invisible.”
18. “Poets are the world’s unacknowledged legislators.”
Percy Byshe Shelley
19. “Words open doors over the sea.”
20. “I fell in love with life, it is the only one that will not leave me without doing it first.”
21. “There is poetry as soon as we realize that we do not own anything.”
22. “Perfection is a polished collection of mistakes.”
23. “If you always try to be normal you will never discover how extraordinary you can be.”
24. “Each poem is unique. In each work beats, to a greater or lesser degree, all poetry. Each reader looks for something in the poem. And it is not unusual for him to find it: he already had it inside. ”
25. “You can forget the one you laughed with but not the one you cried with.”
26. “Genuine poetry can communicate before it is understood.”
T. S. Eliot
27. “The happy times in humanity are the empty pages of history.”
28. “Being a poet is more a condition than a profession.”
29. “If you cry at night because you don’t see the sun, the tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
30. “The gods facilitate the first verse; the others are made by the poet.”
Paul Ambroise Valery
Other interesting phrases: “Motivating phrases that will encourage you”
31. “No one has to understand with what secret emotion my spirit interprets the purest beauties, you will understand because you are a poet.”
32. “From the fight with others we make rhetoric more than the fight with ourselves we make poetry.”
William Butler Yeats
33. “Delicacy synthesizes beauty.”
Jose Maria Eguren
34. “Man is a god when he dreams and a beggar when he reflects.”
35. “After a certain point there is no return. That’s the point we have to reach.”
36. “There is no man more unhappy than the one for whom indecision has become a habit.”
37. “Poetry is a human event and you can find it anywhere, at any time, surprisingly”
38. “Slave is one who waits for someone to come and free him.”
39. “My role in society, or that of any artist or poet, is to try to express what we all feel. Do not tell the people how you feel. Not as a preacher, not as a leader, but as a reflection of all of us.”
40. “Poetry is a weapon loaded with the future”
41. “Courage makes winners; concord makes invincible.”
42. “Faith is the bird that sings when the dawn is still dark.”
43. “Poetry has no time, whoever reads it rescues it, makes it present and then returns it to its eternity.”
Domenico Cieri Estrada
44. “There is not a particle of life that does not have poetry within it.”
45. “The man who is deaf to the voice of poetry is a barbarian”
Johann Wolfgang Goethe
46. “In each future reader, the writer is reborn.”
Julio Ramon Ribeyro
47. “You can caress people with words.”
F. Scott Fitzgerald
48. “The pain of the one who cries in secret is sincere.”
49. “Do not say that, exhausted its treasure, of matters lacking, the lyre fell silent: there may not be poets but there will always be poetry”
Gustavo Adolfo Bécquer
50. “The music starts to atrophy when it gets too far away from the dance. Poetry begins to atrophy when it strays too far from music”
51. “We do not believe in nymphs or newts. Poetry has to be this: a girl surrounded by spikes or be absolutely nothing”
52. “Poetry occurs like an accident, a run over, a crush, a crime; it happens daily, alone, when the heart of man begins to think about life.”
53. “The story tells what happened; poetry what had to happen.”
54. “Every day I am less interested in being a judge of things and I prefer to be her lover.”
Jose Ortega y Gasset
55. “Poetry is only love, it transgresses prohibitions and dares to look the invisible in the face.”
56. “The year that is abundant with poetry, is usually that of hunger.”
Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra
57. “Poets have a hundred times better sense than philosophers. Looking for beauty, they find more truth than they do.”
58. “Poetry cannot be found anywhere when it is not carried within.”
59. “A poet is, above all, a person passionately in love with language.”
W. H. Auden
60. “Poetry is like a bird, it ignores all borders.”
61. “The theater is poetry that comes out of the book to become human. And when she becomes human she speaks and screams, cries and despairs. ”
Federico Garcia Lorca
62. “Even if they force me, I will never say that all time in the past was better. Tomorrow is better.”
Luis Alberto Spinetta
63. “Poetry is a diary written by a marine animal that lives on land and wants to fly through the air.”
64. “All things have their mystery and poetry is the mystery that all things have.”
Federico Garcia Lorca
65. “Poetry is an eternal graffiti, written in everyone’s heart.”
66. “Poetry is written when she wants.”
67. “If I physically feel like the top of my head has been taken off, I know that is poetry.”
68. “In a drop of water are all the secrets of all the oceans, in one aspect of you are all the aspects of all existence.”
69. “When our ideas collide with reality, what has to be revised are the ideas.”
Jorge Luis Borges
70. “Knowing more is being freer.”
71. “Trust dreams, since in them the door to eternity is hidden.”
72. “The job of a poet is to name the unnameable, point out frauds, take sides, start discussions, shape the world and keep it from going to sleep.”
73. “Poetry can be dangerous, especially beautiful poetry, because it gives the illusion of having had the experience without actually going through it.”
74. “Love is one of the answers that man has invented to look death in the face.”
75. “Poetry is an echo asking a shadow to dance.”
76. “As long as you feel that the soul laughs, without the lips laughing; as long as she cries, without the tears coming to cloud her pupil; as long as the battling heart and head continue, as long as there are hopes and memories, there will be poetry!”
Gustavo Adolfo Becquer
77. “Ultimately, a poem is not something that can be seen, but rather the light that allows us to see. And what we see is life.”
Robert Penn Warren
78. “Poetry is the most distilled and most powerful language.”
79. “Poetry is ordinary language raised to the nth power. Poetry is boneless with ideas, filled with nerves and blood with emotions, fully supported by the delicate and strong skin of words.”
80. “Poetry is what in a poem makes you laugh, cry, speak, shut up, make your toenails shine, makes you want to do this or that or nothing, makes you know that you are alone in an unknown world , that your bliss and suffering are shared forever and will always be yours.”